One of my photo clubs has a monthly challenge, one for macro work and one regular ole photography. The idea is to shoot something with the subject matter and your interpretation of the challenge. For Jan, the macro challenge was ‘type’ as in typography. I just picked a bunch of random objects around the house and shot them, and perhaps my interpretation is better related as ‘fonts’ since I didn’t read the challenge as closely as I should have. “Find some type, Be it an old typewriter, some brilliant letterpress stationary or simple building blocks that are so ubiquitous in early childhood development. Have some fun with the challenge and see if you can spell out something in a series of images.”
All shots with a Canon EOS3, Lensbaby Velvet 56, all at either f8 or f11 I forgot to write it down. JCH Pan 400, developed in Rodinal 1+100, scanned with my Epson V700. I did some minor cropping to get the 3:2 aspect ratio since the film holder of the Epson gives a weird (to me) aspect ration.
This was my first roll of JCH Pan 400, and perhaps it was the lens and my camera having trouble getting the right exposure, but almost all the macro shots seemed off about 1 stop, maybe more. Since I developed this semi-stand for 1 hr, gentle agitation at start and 30 mins, I would have expected better negatives. The grain was also quite large, but I think it works for these shots.